Shop

Monday, September 2, 2013

Dear Folks, The Time Is Getting Shorter, June 22, 1958, 38th Parallel, South Korea, Love, Robert


Dear Folks,                  22 June 58

  In one more week
and a couple of days that
will be all for June
then July and August is
it. The Dept of Army
came down with a
new tour of duty for
Korea, 13 months instead
of sixteen. But I rather
stay over here an extra
couple of months
here than in the States.
  Well I don't know
for sure but I think
I might be going to
Japan the 27th of this
month. If I do look
for a telephone call from
5 o'clock to 10 o'clock between
July 1 through July 3. I
have done took one
reel on my camera and
sent it off to be developed
and then to you. It is
Mostly where I live
and stay at, just experimenting.
I hope some parts turn
out fair at least. I hope
you can see it and write
me about it. I have another
reel about half finished.
It is all of the Demilitarized
zone scenes. I hope
the one does turn out good.
There is only one
thing I don't like about
going home is that boat
ride, they are pitiful.
I have about 55 days
left but I don't know
for sure. It's been
hot over here. I will
be glad when the
rainy season comes
the time is getting shorter.

      Love, Robert






No comments:

Post a Comment