Shop

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dear Folks, My Luck Is Limited,1957, 38th Parallel Korea, Love, Robert

Pfc. Robert C. Patton

HEAVY MORTAR COMPANY
34th INFANTRY
APO 24

Dear Folks,
 Well I have made the Regimental
basketball team so far. I am going
to be TDY from the company till
about the end of January. We
practice about 3 hours a day, and
that's all. I just hope I can stay
on it, but my luck so far
in the army is limited. The
weekend we are going to travel
and play a couple of practice
games. I believe it will snow
any day now because it sure
is cold over here. At night time
that temperature takes a damn big
drop.

Note: Uncle Robert had great athletic ability and was one slot away from being the high point man his Senior year at Ensley High School. He was also The State High Jump Champion that year. My Dad always said if Robert had had another year in High School he would have been able to quality for a scholarship.  Uncle Robert also played Intramural sports at The University of Alabama.
                                                                                      C.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment