Shop

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dear Folks, I Have Just About Had Enough Of The Army To Last Me, February 24, 1958, 38th Parallel South Korea, Love, Robert

                              24 Feb 58
Dear Folks
  Well it must have
been real bad. I saw
your papers. I went
to Soeul on a
weekend pass and
had a pretty good
time. So they are
just working 4 days
a week now. Well
I don't see how
it can be to bad.
I guess I will send my
jacket home some
time after this
week.
  I have just about
had enough of the
army to last me
for awhile. I
hope my friends
and neighbors will
be satisfied. Just
think I made $1000
for 1957.
  It's starting to
warm up a little
over here but its
still cold at night
time for guard duty.
Well there is not to
much time left, but
still it's a long time.
Earl will probably
be an old married
man, and I won't
have anybody to get
thrown in jail with
but that's the breaks.
                     Love, Robert

(Note: The jacket he refers to is the awards jacket that he and his teammates each received for winning the Division Basketball Championship. Earl is a one of his 1st cousins). C.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment