Shop

Monday, February 18, 2013

Dear Folks, There Is A Lot To Tell About My Tour In Korea, February 18, 1958, 38th Parallel South Korea, Love, Robert


Dear Folks
  Well it's nice to get
a letter saying that
it is also cold over
there. We stay very
much out in the
field so it's hard
to get good writing
habits. I don't think
there is no way to
meet in Calif, because
I will get my discharge
in the 3rd Army Area
which will probably
be Fort Jackson S.C.
  I wish you could
send me just the
Sunday Paper if
anyway possible. I
don't know whether
you know it or not
but I got a letter
from one of my buddies
telling about Gene
Mitchum getting
killed in an auto wreck.
He was from Ensley
and I knew him very
well. Ask Billy if
he knows him. He
ran around with
Jame Holliway. I
understand Bull
Conners is back in
office again.
  Well when I get
back I don't think
I am going to worry
about anything for
about 3 months. See
what It's like to draw
unemployment insurance.
The army wouldn't
been to bad if they
hadn't put me in
the infantry stationed
in Korea. There is
a lot to tell about
my tour in Korea
but it is not writing
material due to the
length. So I will
say goodnight. We
have to be in bed
by 11:00 o'clock so
the Officer of the
day can come by and
snug us tight under
our little sleeping
bag.
       Love, Robert

P.S. Happy George Washington
Birthday we get off
for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment