Shop

Friday, February 8, 2013

Dear Folks, Our Basketball Team Had A Banquet Friday Night, February 2, 1958, 38th Parallel South Korea, Love, Robert

Pfc. Robert C. Patton

                           2 Feb 58
Dear Folks,
  This is my 15th
month in the army and
I am about ready to
get out for a summer
vacation or something.
I got the five dollars
the other day and it
came in real handy.
Tomorrow we go
back into the field
for about 4 days. The
weather is not to bad
the snow has melted
some.
  Our basketball team
had a banquet Friday
night Two Generals were
there, five Colonels, Majors,
Captains and us PFC's.
I was really shook up.
It didn't last to long
though. They gave us
a real nice Jacket and
Cigarette lighters. I am going
to send the Jacket home
because it is of no
use to me here.
  February should go by
pretty fast because we
are going out into the
field 3 out of the four
weeks, real clean fun.
Ha. I don't guess
I'll go to Japan until
about May then I'll
really need it.
Me and this other kid
took some pictures
in our basketball uniforms
the background ain't to
good, but hell it's
Korea. You will notice
in the pictures I am
losing a little bit
of hair but that is
also Korea. Let's write
for it is real nice
to have a letter waiting
for you when you come
back.
             Love, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment