Shop

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dear Folks, During The Time It's Warm Over Here Guard Isn't To Bad, March 21, 1958, 38th Parallel South Korea, Love, Robert

                                   21 March 58
Dear Folks,
  We went out into the field
last week and didn't get back
all Tuesday night. It has
been pretty nice weather. The
day we left for the field the
sun was shining, but damn
if it didn't snow. This weather
is all messed up. We have to
go out again next Tuesday
and I think that will be the
last time for awhile.
  So Joe Williams called up
and said he had a brain operation.
When I knew him, he needed
one. I guess the weather is
getting real pretty home. I want
to go the Japan next month
if I can. I haven't made up
my mind whether to go out for
track or not. During the time
it's warm over here guard isn't
to bad and the field is all right.
The time passes faster
in the company.
  I want you to send me
$20 so if I do go in April, I
will have enough to get there. I
will call the first day over there
and get you to send some money.
I don't know what got into me
but I took out an allotment
to buy stocks.
                        Love, Robert

(Note: My Uncle Robert continued to work the stock market all of his life, and he made it work for him. C.P.)

No comments:

Post a Comment