Shop

Monday, April 30, 2012

Dear Folks, Far Across The Sea, April 20, 1957, 38th Parallel, Korea, Love, Robert

Dear Folks,                       20 April 57

 Today is Sunday and
I thought I would write
a few lines before I go
on guard duty. We go
out into the field
tomorrow for five
days. I decided not
to go out for track
because its to hard
to get into good shape
over here. I don't
know when I am
going on R & R, but
it will be during this
month or May.
 I will try to let
you know ahead of
time. I wrote a letter
home, but I forgot
to put the state
on it so it came back
on me. So Earl is
really getting married
well I hope he is
happy about it. It's
been raining all
day so I guess I'll
get a little wet tonight.
Well, I have got
to get ready for Guard
Mount, I got the money
order and paper.
               Love Robert

Dear Folks                      27 April 57
 This month we
have only spent 12 days
out of the month in
the field. I guess we
will spend a lot more
time out there, but I
don't mind it. The
time goes by fast
enough out there. I
got the paper this Sat.
and was very much
elated to receive it.
With the coming
of May I imagine that
Earl is ready for
marriage.
 Well this time last
year I was in Fort
Lewis awaiting shipping
orders to carry me
far across the sea.
I understand that
you are going to elect
a new governor. In
one more month I
will be 24 years old
in this world damn
years sure don't
subtract. Well when
you receive this letter
the month of April will
be gone, then it will all
be old time spent over
here. Not much longer
but yet seems so
far, but I ain't
counting on a damn thing
until I hit 27th St.
 Well there ain't anything
else to write or at least
I can't think of anything
just keep sending the
paper.
              Love Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment