Shop

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Smile Yourself Happy

It has been said that "The eyes are the Windows of the Soul".

I have looked into the sad little eyes of the little girls who have lost their Daddy, who had taken his own life.

I've looked into the empty eyes of the man that I loved when he told me he was leaving.

I've looked into the eyes of beloved pets that have begged me to end their suffering.

And I have looked into the Eyes of Love.

I also have looked into the eyes of love through my family and friends and my little canine companion gazing at me sleepily from the corner of my couch.  Those big brown eyes whose love cannot be fathomed.

Smile.  It may seem impossible sometimes.  Some might say it denies the cold, hard facts of life.  It might be so.  But one thing I do know is that we cannot live without joy.  No, we aren't going to sit around on a cloud for all of our life but we can't live under one.

Our souls aren't equipped to live in sadness all of the time.  We must hold on to any rescue attempts like a drowning man who holds on to a life preserver attached to someone who can haul you in to shore and maybe that "Easy Bake Oven" or "Cabbage Patch Doll" or "Furbee" didn't get there until after Christmas, but hey, It still got there.  So smile yourself happy, pretty soon your feelings will catch up with your face.

Love,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment